Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your Eugene smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the center of your home’s security system as it links your security sensors, locks, thermostats, and cameras into one cohesive system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color interface places you in total command of your Eugene home’s security and automation. See how it can benefit you and check out suggestions to get started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Eugene help you?
Connecting wirelessly to sensors and other implements via radio wave transmissions and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your home. You may arm or disarm your system, program lights, set the temperature, and more. When incorporating a video doorbell, you can even talk to visitors at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub features a backup battery and cellular functionality to ensure reliable performance. It also provides convenient remote access and control through the Vivint smartphone app.
Here’s an idea of the things you can do:
- View real-time or saved footage from your linked security cameras
- Arm or disarm your home security
- Turn lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Change your smart thermostat settings
- Speak directly to your monitoring center
You can take convenience to another level with your Vivint Smart Hub in Eugene by programming schedules or initiating rules. For instance, you can have your smart thermostat adjust automatically nightly at a specified time. Or, you can set rules like having your entrances unlock when the fire alarm goes off.
Steps for arming and disarming your security system
Before you jump into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll want to know how to arm and disarm your system. It’s easy - just follow these steps:
- Tap the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay signifies you will remain in the home and arms everything except interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away signifies you will be away, and everything in the home will arm.
- To disarm, simply slide down the shield icon and type in your PIN.
The Smart Hub will display a warning if something is stopping the system from arming. To illustrate, an open window will cue you to act. Note that you can still arm the security system by using the instructions above. You will then have to verify that you want to bypass the sensor that isn’t engaged.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Eugene
Even though multiple users can be set up during the initial installation, you will probably want to add another user down the road. Here are step-by-step instructions to do so.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right-hand side of the main screen.
- Press “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Press “Name,” enter the user’s name, and tap the Next button.
- If you want to provide the user remote access, tap phone or email and enter the info to dispatch an invitation.
- Choose Next and then enter a PIN for the added user.
- To take out a user, simply navigate to the menu, press users, pick the user you would like to delete, and then select “Delete User.”
Add security and convenience to your home with Vivint
Would you like to take command of your home’s security and automation with an easy-to-operate touchscreen console? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Eugene smart home. Call (541) 313-4091 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.